Even BIGGER and BRIGHTER in 2020!
Winter Wonderland Holiday Lights 2020
presented by Welch Packaging
5:30 – 8:30 p.m. (Timed entry from 5:30-6:15, 6:30-7:15, or 7:30-8:15 p.m. each night)
Tickets are limited per our approved Covid Plan. If you don’t see the date/timed entry slot you want when you click the link to purchase tickets, that day/timed entry slot is sold out. There are 17 total nights to choose from:
Friday-Saturday, November 27-28 SOLD OUT
Sunday, November 29
Friday-Sunday, December 4-5-6
Friday-Sunday, December 11-12-13
Friday-Wednesday, December 18-19-20-21-22-23
Saturday-Sunday, December 26-27
Wellfield Members: Save even more with your membership! Get your tickets online (just remember to register/login to see your discount reflected!), in person or by phone (574-266-2006 x105) for just $5 per member adult named on your membership card and $3 per member child/grandchild! Don’t have a membership but would like to save OVER 50% on your tickets?… Learn about the benefits of membership and buy a one year membership here!
Wellfield Botanic Gardens’ Winter Wonderland Holiday Lights, presented by Welch Packaging, will transport you to a magical setting of lights, sound and beauty, perfect for families to enjoy during the holiday season. Enjoy this special opportunity to see Wellfield after hours in a wintry paradise! Featuring professional light displays accentuating the natural beauty of Wellfield, the ½-mile Promenade Pathway is aglow with color and texture, framing our Garden spaces as you’ve never seen them before! Experience this great event with family and friends while enjoying the sounds of the season around the Promenade. Enjoy a boutique shopping experience in the Visitors Cottage, a great place to pick up that perfect gift.
Ticket pricing includes:
– Free parking provided by Dometic,
– Admission to the Gardens during the light show
– No online ticket fees!
To learn more details about our lights, scroll to the bottom and check out our Frequently Asked Questions section below!
COVID-19 Precautions for Holiday Lights:
For the health and safety of all guests, volunteers, and staff, we have worked closely with the Elkhart County Health Department to bring this event to the community with the following precautions in place. We ask that you do your part to help our community and adhere to our protocols, and we sincerely appreciate your cooperation!
- If you do not feel well, or you have been exposed to Covid, please do not visit until you and your group are through quarantine. If you have tickets and need to change them due to illness, please email us at email@example.com.
- Our ticketing is a little different than usual (just like everything in 2020!), and will work as follows:
- Tickets are ONLY AVAILABLE until 3 p.m. the day of each event. After that time, ticketing is closed for the day.
- YOU MUST SELECT A TIMED TICKET. Start times are: 5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., or 7:30 p.m.
- Entry for each time period will end 45 minutes after the start time.
- Please do not arrive earlier than your timed ticket window.
- If you arrive late, admission for the next time period will be on an as-available basis only.
- Refunds will not be given if you miss your time window, but we will try to move your tickets to another date/time during the current season as space allows.
- Entry gates close for the evening at 8:15 p.m. All guests must exit by 9 p.m.
- When approaching the Gardens and while in line, maintain physical distance within your household group.
- Paths will be one way throughout the Gardens, no exceptions!
- Masks must be worn throughout the event by everyone age 3 and up. If you cannot wear a mask, we ask that you not visit the lights this year. Scarves, bandannas or gaiters are not masks.
- Tickets must be purchased prior to arrival. Ticket sales for each night will cut off at 3 p.m. You must show your ticket when entering our property (at the street entrance) for entry. Your ticket must match the date/time – no exceptions. Please do not arrive early for your admission time; there is plenty of time to see everything!
- Check in will be outside at our Admissions Tent. Please have your tickets ready, either paper (which you will keep), or on your phone (with brightness turned up) to help speed up check-in. Please be patient with our staff and volunteers while they get you checked in for the event! Members, please have your membership card ready.
- Our Visitors Cottage will be open ONLY for gift shop and membership sales, no public restrooms.
- The Restroom Building at the Event Plaza is open for use and will be checked/sanitized regularly throughout each evening.
- Maintain at least 6-feet of physical distance from others not in your household and stay to the right on pathways to allow others to pass if necessary.
- Exit through the Gate south of the Visitors Cottage, as directed by staff and volunteers.
- Please do not cut through our parking lot – follow signs and fencing to return safely to your car.
- HAVE FUN and enjoy our Winter Wonderland!
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions on our website for parking info and Covid-19 protocols, (please scroll down the page past our sponsor list and photo gallery for FAQ’s)
5 p.m. – Garden closes for general admission
5:30 p.m. – Gates re-open for Winter Wonderland Holiday Lights ticket holders, with admission times as listed on your ticket
8:15 p.m. – Admission gate closes for the night
9:00 p.m. – LIGHTS OUT!
Advanced Ticket Pricing – PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
- Adult: $12
- Child (ages 3-12): $7
- Under age 3 are free
- *Member Adult: $5 / Member Child (ages 3-12): $3
(*Member discount applies to named member(s) on membership card and dependent children or grandchildren)
Giving Tree Project Community Partners – – A portion of ticket sales is shared with the not-for-profit organization listed for each date. Enjoy the ‘Giving Trees’ decorated by each organization during your visit. Your ticket purchase not only supports Wellfield’s mission, it also supports other valuable not-for-profits in our community!
- November 27 – Goodwill Industries of Michiana, Inc.
- November 28 – Habitat for Humanity of Elkhart County
- November 29 – Center for Hospice Care
- December 4 – Michiana Pay it Forward Foundation
- December 5 – Humane Society of Elkhart County
December 6 – Junior Achievement & Lemonade Day serving Elkhart County
- December 11 – Elkhart Education Foundation
- December 12 – Center for Community Justice
- December 13 – Salvation Army of Elkhart
- December 18 – Church Community Services
- December 19 – Boys and Girls Clubs of Elkhart County
- December 20 – Cultivate Food Rescue
- December 21 – Beacon Children’s Hospital
- December 22 – Ryan’s Place
- December 23 – 525 Foundation
- December 26 – CAPS – Child and Parent Services
- December 27 – Elkhart County Symphony
Thanks to our 2020 PRESENTING SPONSOR:
Thanks to our 2020 MAJOR SPONSORS
Thanks to our 2020 SUPPORTING SPONSORS:
Thanks to our 2020 MUSIC SPONSORS
Elkhart General Hospital | Beacon Health System
Dean and Cindy Bergeman
Boling Vision Center
Lake City Bank (sponsoring two evenings!)
Old National Bank
Thanks to our 2020 GLOW SPONSORS
- A&L Construction and Building Maintenance, Inc.
- Collins & Company
- Elkhart Audiology Rehab | Sharon Hirstein
- J.A. Wagner Construction, Inc.
- Warrick & Boyn, LLP
Promotional Support Provided By:
Have questions about the event? We’ve got answers!
Do we need to be there right at our designated timed ticket start time?
No! Your timed ticket allows you to enter in the 45 minutes immediately following your ticket start time (so if your ticket is for 5:30, you can enter until 6:15. 6:30 tickets can enter until 7:15. 7:30 tickets can enter until 8:15.) Final admission is at 8:15 p.m. nightly.
My ticket does not have a designated time on it. When can I arrive?
If your ticket doesn’t show a specific time, or you purchased them prior to November 20th when we switched to timed tickets, you can arrive any time that night. Be aware there will likely be “pauses” in admissions from 6:15-6:30 and 7:15-7:30 p.m each night. Admission gates close at 8:15 p.m. nightly.
My ticket does not have a date on it. When can I arrive?
If your ticket doesn’t show a specific day, we have “saved” room for you in our nightly capacity, and you can visit any night.
Do I need my printed ticket?
You may present a physical ticket for entry; we’ll scan it for you or we can also check you off our printed roster if you did not receive a ticket by email.
Can I show my tickets purchased online on my phone?
Yes, you can show your tickets purchased online on your phone’s screen – – be sure to have your phone’s display as bright as possible when presenting
Where should I park?
Wellfield’s main lot will be reserved exclusively for ADA placard-displaying vehicles and drop-off ONLY.
General Parking for Winter Wonderland Holiday Lights is available at Dometic Corporation, on the northeast corner of the Main Street and Simonton Street intersection. From there, it’s a short walk to Wellfield’s main entrance. Cross the street using the crosswalk and follow signs to the entrance.
How long does it take to see the lights?
Our main Promenade Pathway is approximately 1/2-mile around and our garden spaces wind in and out of that path; you can go as quickly or slowly as you’d like. So that we are able to bring this show to our community during 2020, our paths will be one way around the Gardens. This may mean it takes a little longer, but with more lights, we would expect that! Most people are able to see the show in about 45-60 minutes.
Will the show go on rain or (star)shine?
The short answer is yes, but if the weather is frightful and conditions are unsafe, we reserve the right to close. Please check our Facebook or Twitter page or call us at 574-266-2006 ext 105 to check before you head out in a rain or snowstorm! And if we do close one night, we will accommodate you on another night!
Can I take a golf cart tour of the holiday lights?
No. While there will be a golf cart onsite for emergencies, we cannot have a cart on the route for safety reasons (darkness, families with small children, narrow pathways, and golf carts don’t mix).
Do you have wheelchairs available?
Two loaner wheelchairs are available in the Visitors Cottage and are available on a first-come, first served basis (must remain on the path). Other personal power-driven mobility devices (personal electric “scooters”) are permitted.
Are dogs or other pets allowed at Winter Wonderland Holiday Lights?
No. Due to congestion, darkness, and leash trip hazards, pets are not permitted at holiday lights or any other special/ticketed events at Wellfield.
Will the Children’s Garden be open during Holiday Lights?
Yes! New in 2020 – our Children’s Garden will be open during our Winter Wonderland Holiday Lights shows, with a special NEW feature you’re sure to love!
Are there restroom facilities in the Gardens?
Yes, there are restrooms available at the Event Plaza. Hand sanitizer is available. Masks must be worn throughout the Gardens – no exceptions!
Will food and drink be available in the Gardens?
Unfortunately, no. Due to Covid-19 constraints, we are unable to offer concessions this year.
I have a complimentary admission pass to the Gardens, can I use it to get in to Holiday Lights?
NO. Our admission passes can be used on any day we are open, but are NOT valid for special/ticketed events such as our Winter Wonderland Holiday Lights.
I’m a member of another botanic garden and use that membership to visit Wellfield. Will my AHS reciprocal privileges allow me admission to your Holiday Lights?
No. As Winter Wonderland Holiday Lights is a special, ticketed event, AHS reciprocal does not apply.
If I buy tickets and cannot attend on the night I planned, what do I do?
Please call our Visitors Cottage at 574-266-2006 ext 105, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll try to reschedule your tickets for another night.
What about Refunds?
Life happens, we understand. We hope our 17 scheduled nights of Winter Wonderland Holiday Lights will provide you with ample opportunity to use the event tickets you purchased. As a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization which derives all of its operating capital, development costs and endowment from private donations, annual memberships, private grants and earned income (like Winter Wonderland Holiday Lights tickets) and receives NO government or tax-based funding of any kind, we know you’ll feel the satisfaction of supporting Wellfield and its important Mission. If you do not feel well, or you have been exposed to Covid, please do not visit until you and your group are through quarantine. If you have tickets and need to change them due to illness, please email us at email@example.com.