We offer guided field trips for kids of all ages!
Wellfield Botanic Gardens offer hands-on, inquiry based programs designed to connect students to the natural world. All programs are aligned with Indiana State and National Science standards.
- $4 per student participant
- Teachers are Free
- Required Chaperones are Free (Chaperone Requirements = 8:1 ratio)
- Additional Chaperones over the required number are $3.50 each payable upon arrival.
Please schedule your field trip or in-school program at least 3 weeks in advance. Programs are scheduled Tuesday through Friday. Program fees are due 2 weeks in advance to secure your date.
**Program fees apply on Tuesday for all school field trips and visits.
All programs can be presented for students of all ages and all grade levels. Group size: Up to 60 Students. Duration: 2 hours
There are 4 Areas of Focus for ALL Education Programs:
- Food: Where Does Your Food Come From? Planting a Garden
- Water: Protecting Our Most Valuable Resource
- History: The Aquifer, Well Fields, and Super Funds
- Sustainability: Protecting Our Earth and Environment
Here are common themes available for educational programs. All themes are adaptable to any grade level.
- Sensory Scientists – Students become scientists by using their five senses to explore and observe the natural world.
- Garden Safari – Students explore the connection between plants, animals and water. They learn how ground water travels through different soil types and where living things find the water they need.
- Round and Round We Go – Students examine and compare the different stages of the life cycles of plants and animals.
- Growing Up Green – Students identify plant parts, growth and development through hands on activities and exploration.
- Amazing Adaptations – Students discover how animals and plants live in their habitat and adapt to changes in their environment.
- What’s Eating You? – Students explore ecosystems and food webs. They observe the interconnectedness of decomposers, predators and prey.
- Energy Road – Students explore the sun as the source of all energy and how energy transfers through an ecosystem.
We will work with you to build programs around your science curriculum requirements; If you have an idea, call us!
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Wellfield Botanic Gardens’ Environmental Educator at 574-266-2006 ext 106