Second Saturdays, Monthly (March through October)
Beginning at 8 a.m. (walks are approximately 1 hour)
Included with Membership or Standard Admission ($5 adults/$3 children ages 3-12)
Join Audubon Society member and Indiana Master Naturalist Mary Kauffmann-Kennel for this family-friendly bird walk along Wellfield trails to see and hear the numerous bird species that live and frequent our wonderful habitat. Dress for the weather, wear comfortable walking shoes, bring any bird guide books you have and binoculars (not required). Beginning and experienced birders are welcome. The walk generally lasts about an hour, but could go longer depending on the group. You may register at the time of the walk or make your reservation online in advance using the links below.
- Second Saturday Bird Walk April 8 8:00 AM
- Second Saturday Bird Walk May 13 8:00 AM
- Second Saturday Bird Walk June 10 8:00 AM
- Second Saturday Bird Walk July 8 8:00 AM
- Second Saturday Bird Walk August 12 8:00 AM
- Second Saturday Bird Walk September 9 8:00 AM
- Second Saturday Bird Walk October 14 8:00 AM
For more birding information, events, local knowledge and FUN, check out these resources:
- South Bend-Elkhart Audubon Society Check out their Resources for Birders page – – GREAT information, including a printable field checklist for this area!
- Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s All About Birds website – terrific for online birding identification, with links to educational articles about birds, birding ID, bird biology, nest box building, information about ebird and Merlin apps for bird identification on the go!
- And don’t forget to join and like a local birding FACEBOOK page in your area – – for our immediate area, we suggest: