Wellfield Botanic Gardens provides an exceptional backdrop for both commercial and non-commercial photography. We appreciate you choosing Wellfield for those keepsake memories!
Amateur photography/videography Policy:
Members and guests are welcome to take photographs for personal use. Personal photographs and/or videos are not to be used for commercial purposes. We encourage you to share your photos on the Gardens’ Facebook page or tag us wherever you post!
We define “commercial purposes” as images/videos that will be marketed, published, sold, reproduced, transferred or distributed, even if originally shot for personal use.
Professional/Commercial Photography Policy:
An Annual Photography Membership or Daily Photography Permit is necessary for those who wish to use the Gardens for commercial and/or posed portrait photography of any kind. This applies to either of the following uses:
- All who wish to use Wellfield Botanic Gardens as a backdrop/setting for posed and/or commercial photography/videography; i.e. if you are being paid to take photographs or if you sell your photographs, OR
- All posed portrait photography including, but not limited to baby photos, senior pictures, prom, quinceañera, engagement, family, graduation, or wedding photos even if the photographer is not a commercial photographer/videographer.
In order to take photographs at Wellfield, one of the following must be obtained:
– Daily Photography Permits are $75; this includes admission for the photographer, plus 2 free guests per day (a $24 value).
– Annual Photography Memberships (valid for 1 year, including unlimited visits) are available for $250. The annual membership includes admission for the photographer and 4 free guests per visit (a $40 value per visit).
Additional guests in your party will be charged general admission, unless they are members of Wellfield. One photographer’s assistant is included with your permit or membership.
If you have a party of 10 or more, you may be eligible for an admission discount.
Photo sessions scheduled outside of our normal operating hours will incur additional charges.
Whenever possible, we ask that you please schedule your visit 2 weeks in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Daily Photo Permits and Annual Photo Memberships can be purchased in the Visitors Cottage, or if you would like to download and complete the permit ahead of time, it is available here: Wellfield Gardens Photo Permit. All photographers must sign the Guidelines and Etiquette on the back of the form.
Photographer Guidelines and Etiquette – if you are unsure, please ask us first! These guidelines apply to ALL photography at Wellfield, commercial or not:
- The photographer is responsible for the behavior of his/her party at all times while on Wellfield property. Standard visitation guidelines must be followed.
- Photography fees apply, even on special free admission days or during special, ticketed events.
- Please do not block pathways for other guests, unless you have specifically rented out the space.
- Smoking or vaping is prohibited on Wellfield property, including our parking lots.
- Drone photography is not allowed.
- Balloons, streamers, confetti, rice, birdseed and other decorations are not allowed in the Gardens.
- Photography equipment (ie-lights, tripods) needed for your shoot can be brought in-“props” of any kind are not allowed. All equipment must stay out of Garden beds or places where plants are growing. If you are unsure, please ask our staff for guidance!
- Please stay on designated pathways and mowed areas.
- Please do not climb on boulders or wade in any water or attempt to cross any ponds or waterfalls, unless a bridge or walkway is in place.
- Please do not touch or climb on any sculptures.
- Picking flowers or vegetation is not allowed.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Children must be with an adult and supervised at all times.
- No pets are allowed for photo shoots. Wellfield member dogs with current registrations are allowed.
- No sports equipment (including balls, rollerblades or bicycles) or jogging allowed.
Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in revocation of permissions to use the Gardens, as well as any photographs or videos you have taken, and you may be denied use of the Gardens in the future. Refunds for permits/memberships will not be given.