We are “growing” at Wellfield Botanic Gardens, and as we grow, so do our volunteer needs. The support of our volunteers is essential to maintaining the Gardens and to offering our guests a warm, welcoming and enjoyable experience.
We offer volunteer opportunities for everyone. No matter your age, capability or interest-we have a place for you! Listed below are few ideas on how you can be active in your community and enjoy the beauty of Wellfield.
- Greeting guests in the Visitors Cottage-we especially need help on our busy weekends during the summer!
- Assisting in the gardens by planting, pruning and weeding
- Leading tours of the Gardens
- Presenting educational material during school field trips
- Assisting instructors during community education workshops and classes
- Representing Wellfield at local and regional events
- Lending a helping hand setting up for special events
- Assisting in our office
- Scheduling a day for your organization to volunteer
- Adopting a Garden
- ..and MORE!
To join our volunteer team please:
- Complete the Online Volunteer Application Form and
- Print, complete and return the Volunteer Background Check Form to Wellfield Botanic Gardens at 1011 N Main St., Elkhart, IN 46514. There is no charge to you for the background check.
Contact Jodie Papandrea, Guest Services and Volunteer Programs Manager at email@example.com, or call 574-266-2006.