We are “growing” at Wellfield Botanic Gardens, and as we grow, so do our volunteer needs. The support of our volunteers is essential to maintaining the Gardens and to offering our guests a warm, welcoming and enjoyable experience.
We offer volunteer opportunities for everyone. No matter your age, capability or interest-we have a place for you! Listed below are few ideas on how you can be active in your community and enjoy the beauty of Wellfield Botanic Gardens.
- Greeting guests in the Visitors Cottage-we especially need help on our busy weekends during the summer!
- Assisting in the gardens by planting, pruning and weeding
- Leading tours of the Gardens
- Presenting educational material during school field trips
- Assisting instructors during community education workshops and classes
- Representing Wellfield at local and regional events
- Lending a helping hand setting up for special events
- Assisting in our office
- Scheduling a day for your organization to volunteer
- Adopting a Garden
- ..and MORE!
- Horticulture volunteers are welcome every Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. starting April 2 thru the fall of 2019. Dress for the weather!
- We need greeters in the Visitors Cottage on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays, as well as for some of our special events, including Groovin’ in the Gardens and Winter Wonderland Holiday Lights.
- Event volunteers are needed for our concert evenings, group tours and other special events.
Click this link to register as a volunteer at Wellfield!
Contact Jodie Papandrea, Guest Services and Volunteer Programs Manager at email@example.com, or call 574-266-2006 ext. 107