You can make a difference in your community! Volunteering at Wellfield Botanic Gardens is a great way to get outside, have fun, and meet new people. We have volunteer opportunities for everyone. Below are just a few ways you can get involved.
- Be a greeter in our Visitors Cottage. Welcome guests with a smile and assist staff as needed.
- Garden volunteers help with planting, pruning, weeding, and general garden maintenance.
- Tour guides give guests a guided tour of the Gardens.
- Presenting educational material during school field trips – – for more information about our Environmental Education Training Program click here
- Assisting instructors during community education workshops and classes
- Representing Wellfield at local and regional events
- Lending a helping hand setting up for special events
- Assisting in our office
- Scheduling a day for your organization to volunteer
- Adopting a Garden
- ..and MORE!
- To view, a calendar of volunteer opportunities click HERE
- Horticulture volunteers are welcome daily Monday through Friday from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. starting Thursday, April 2 thru late fall of 2020. Dress for the weather!
- We need greeters in the Visitors Cottage on Tuesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, as well as for some of our special events, including Groovin’ in the Gardens and Winter Wonderland Holiday Lights.
- Event volunteers are needed for our concert evenings, group tours and other special events.
Click this link to register as a volunteer at Wellfield!
Contact Jodie Papandrea, Guest Services and Volunteer Programs Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 574-266-2006 ext. 107