We are “growing” at Wellfield Botanic Gardens, and as we grow, so do our volunteer needs. The support of our volunteers is essential to maintaining the Gardens and to offering our guests a warm, welcoming and enjoyable experience.
We offer volunteer opportunities for everyone. No matter your age, capability or interest-we have a place for you! Listed below are few ideas on how you can be active in your community and enjoy the beauty of Wellfield Botanic Gardens.
- Greeting guests in the Visitors Cottage-we especially need help on our busy weekends during the summer!
- Assisting in the gardens by planting, pruning and weeding
- Leading tours of the Gardens
- Presenting educational material during school field trips
- Assisting instructors during community education workshops and classes
- Representing Wellfield at local and regional events
- Lending a helping hand setting up for special events
- Assisting in our office
- Scheduling a day for your organization to volunteer
- Adopting a Garden
- ..and MORE!
We welcome horticulture volunteers back starting on Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
- Horticulture volunteers are welcome every Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30-11:30 starting April 2 thru the fall of 2018.
- Please join us on Thursday, March 29 at 10:00 in the Visitors Cottage located at 1011 N. Main St. for an informational meeting for all horticulture volunteers. We encourage new and seasoned volunteers to join us to learn about updates and our 2018 goals for our horticulture team. You can register HERE for the informational meeting.
- We require all volunteers to have an application and approved back ground check on file before volunteering.
To join our volunteer team please complete the following questionnaire, print and return the American Checked Volunteer Disclosure Back Ground Check form below:
- Print, complete and return the American Checked Disclosure background check form to Wellfield Botanic Gardens at 1011 N Main St., Elkhart, IN 46514. There is no charge to you for the background check.
- Please read and review your Summary of Rights in coordination with the American Checked Disclosure.
Contact Jodie Papandrea, Guest Services and Volunteer Programs Manager at email@example.com, or call 574-266-2006.