Look Up, Look Down, Look All Around!
Little Sprouts Preschool Program
Third Tuesday, Monthly, 10-11 a.m.
- April-October at Wellfield Botanic Gardens
- April 17 – Water Conservation and Care
- May 15 – Wonders of Trees
- June 19 – Caterpillars become Butterflies
- July 17 – Natural Resources Around Us
- August 21 – Honeybees and other Pollinators
- September 18 – Observing our Natural World
- October 16 – Invasive Species
- November – March at the Elkhart Public Library (located at: 300 S. 2nd St. in Elkhart)
- November 20 – America Recycles
- December 18 – Winter Weather
- January 15, 2019 – Hibernating Animals
- February 19, 2019 – Camouflage for Animals
- March 19, 2019 – Growing Seeds
Children ages 3-5 learn about the natural world around them through stories, music, games and activities.
Play and Learning Initiative and Exploration, Flexible Thinking, Attentiveness and Persistence, and Social Interaction.
Program is Free with Membership or Standard Admission, but registration is encouraged that we may plan for supplies. Register online or call 574-266-2006 to register by phone.
Storytime in the Gardens
Wellfield Botanic Gardens provides the idyllic backdrop for ‘Storytime in the Gardens’, presented by the Elkhart Public Library. Bring a blanket and curl up to listen to a children’s story read out-loud by the staff of the Elkhart Public Library. It’s interactive family time in a gorgeous setting. In case of rain, we will meet under the Education Tent.
Storytime in the Gardens is included with Membership or Standard Admission (Free for City of Elkhart County residents on Tuesdays) and is scheduled for 6 p.m. on the third Tuesday, May through September.
Currently showing at Wellfield Botanic Gardens:
My Garden by Kevin Henkes
Kids of all ages will enjoy our 1/2-mile StoryWalk® around the Promenade Trail at Wellfield. The story is divided into numbered stations, mounted on purple posts, and follows a counterclockwise direction around the main trail.
The StoryWalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and developed in collaboration the Kellogg Hubbard Library. Storywalk® is a registered service mark owned by Ms. Ferguson. Wellfield Botanic Gardens wishes to thank the Elkhart Public Library for their collaboration of bringing StoryWalk® to Wellfield for our guests to enjoy! Stories are changed out seasonally, and all StoryWalk® titles (current and prior, while they last) are available for purchase in our gift shop.