Explore, Discover and Grow…
Lil’ Sprouts Preschool Program
Third Tuesday Each Month, 10 – 11 am
- April – October at Wellfield
- November – March at the Elkhart Public Library (located at: 300 S. 2nd St. in Elkhart)
Children ages 3-5 learn about the natural world around them through stories, music, games and activities.
Play and Learning Initiative and Exploration, Flexible Thinking, Attentiveness and Persistence, and Social Interaction.
Program is FREE and open to the public, but registration recommended. Register online below or call 574-266-2006 to register by phone.
- Lil’ Sprouts Program June 20 10:00 AM Caterpillars become Butterflies
- Lil’ Sprouts Program July 18 10:00 AM Worms, Soil Aerators
- Lil’ Sprouts Program August 15 10:00 AM Honey Bees and Pollinators
- Lil’ Sprouts Program September 19 10:00 AM Wind, Birds
- Lil’ Sprouts Program October 17 10:00 AM Magic of Autumn
- Lil’ Sprouts Program November 21 10:00 AM Living Museum – Weather Calendars (EPL)
- Lil’ Sprouts Program December 19 10:00 AM Jack Frost – How Snow Helps Plants (EPL)
- Lil’ Sprouts Program January 2018 10:00 AM Hibernating Animals (EPL)
- Lil’ Sprouts Program February 2018 10:00 AM Camouflage Animals & Insects (EPL)
- Lil’ Sprouts Program March 2018 10:00 AM Growing Seeds (EPL)
- Lil’ Sprouts Program April 2018 10:00 AM Water Conservation & Care
Storytime in the Gardens
Wellfield Botanic Gardens provides the idyllic backdrop for ‘Storytime in the Gardens’, presented by the Elkhart Public Library. Bring a blanket and curl up to listen to a children’s story read out-loud by the staff of the Elkhart Public Library. It’s interactive family time in a gorgeous setting. In case of rain, we will meet under the Education Tent.
Third Tuesday of Each Month, 6 – 7 pm
- Tuesday, June 20
- Tuesday, July 18
- Tuesday, August 15
- Tuesday, September 19