A ‘Modified Visitation Plan’ emphasizes the health and safety of guests, volunteers, and staff while allowing for enjoyment of the grounds, including Wellfield’s NEWEST themed garden space – – the Japanese-inspired ISLAND GARDEN – – Now open to the public!
After creating a thorough ‘Modified Visitation Plan’ that prioritizes the health and safety of guests, volunteers, and staff, Wellfield opened its doors to the public Friday, May 22. Wellfield’s spacious 36 acres, wide pathways, and stunning landscapes are an ideal environment for “social distancing” between families and friends. While the guest entry experience may look and feel a little different, Wellfield’s spring beauty is as gorgeous as ever. Entering through the Visitors Cottage, guests will be greeted by friendly staff and volunteers wearing face coverings, positioned behind a desk with a clear acrylic barrier. In addition to more volunteers and staff onsite to safely interact with and inform guests of current guidelines, visitors will observe noticeable precautions in place throughout their experience that encourage ‘physical distancing’, a critical factor in reducing the spread of Coronavirus – – and a term the Garden’s leadership prefers over “social distancing”.
The Modified Visitation Plan includes the following guidelines in place for the health and safety of guests, volunteers, and staff:
- Wellfield is open daily from 12-6 p.m.
- Restrooms are currently closed.
- All drinking fountains are turned off.
- Credit card transactions only. For admission pricing and membership options visit wellfieldgardens.org. Members receive free admission every day.
- When approaching the Visitors Cottage, please maintain physical distance and wait until you are welcomed in by staff.
- Face coverings must be worn when passing through the Visitors Cottage; consider wearing face coverings at all times in public as recommended by the Indiana State Department of Health and the CDC.
- One person at the desk at a time (the rest of your party will be directed through the Visitors Cottage)
- The main Garden path will be “one-way,” with a counter-clockwise flow.
- Maintain at least 6-feet of physical distancing from others not in your household.
- The Children’s Garden will remain closed until further notice.
- Limited retail space access (staff or volunteers can assist with selecting items).
- Do not congregate in the Visitors Cottage or around other garden structures.
- Please check wellfieldgardens.org or our Facebook page for a complete list of guidelines and updates prior to your visit.
Wellfield would like to thank its valued members and donors for their continued support through the pandemic. Over 500 Members visited Wellfield for a special preview during Member Appreciation Week May 15 through May 21.
Wellfield will evaluate the current guidelines, along with recommendations from public health officials, on a weekly basis when determining changes to operating hours or updates to guidelines.
Robert and Peggy Weed Executive Director