It’s the time of year to reflect on accomplishments:
- In 2017 we welcomed over 30,000 guests to Wellfield.
- Over 1000 k-6th grade students were provided guided tours.
- Volunteers logged over 3000 hours! In dollar-terms, the volunteer value of this time would represent approximately 15% of our annual operating budget for 2017.
- We completed a gorgeous NEW Restroom Building, an important amenity for all guests!
- Built and designed a new Quilt Garden space, and presented ‘Window to Waters’ for 2017.
- Presented our first temporary exhibit: “Sculpture in the Gardens: HEAVY METAL, featuring John Mishler,” presented by the Elkhart County Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Produced an amazing Groovin’ in the Gardens Summer Concert Series lineup, presented by Center for Hospice Care, attended by nearly 2000 guests.
- Launched new events including the spring Education Symposium and grew existing such as our Mother’s Day Luncheon, Scarecrow Picnic, and Monsters in the Gardens.
- Continued construction on the Island Garden, Children’s Garden, and Event Plaza spaces, amazing progress toward completion of our Master Plan.
- And WINTER WONDERLAND HOLIDAY LIGHTS presented by Welch Packaging has begun, continuing through December 30. Don’t miss this exciting NEW event sure to make new holiday traditions!
Growth as a private, not-for-profit organization isn’t easy. And it would not be possible without your support. Revenue generated from admissions and memberships represent only one-quarter of our annual operating budget. Please consider making a tax-deductible, year-end gift that supports our important Mission. Your gift will directly support our seasonal plant and bulb displays, special events that benefit the community, educational programs, and the staff and volunteers who provide tours for elementary school children. There are 3 ways to give:
- Visit wellfieldgardens.org. Click the ‘Support’ tab, then ‘Donate’;
- Call 574-266-2006 to speak with a member of our team to donate by phone.
- Stop into the Visitors Cottage and make a contribution in person.
And new this year, for your year-end gift of $50 or more, you’ll receive a special spring invitation for a behind-the-scenes tour and reception, so you can see firsthand how your support makes a difference!
On this #GivingTuesday on behalf of our staff, volunteers, and board of directors, THANK YOU for your support. We send our warmest wishes to you for this holiday season and the New Year soon ahead!
Robert and Peggy Weed Executive Director