Celebrate the Japanese art of bonsai (tree in a pot or ‘tray planting’). Explore a gallery of different bonsai styles, trained tree miniature versions of the natural form. Learn from internationally-recognized bonsai artists including Pauline Muth, Mark Fields, and Jennifer Price. Enjoy ongoing demonstrations, bonsai critiques by the experts, seminars, and children’s take-away activities free with regular admission. Shop for supplies at vendor tables. Register for and experience a Beginning Bonsai 101 Workshop and come away with your very own bonsai!
Schedule of Events (subject to change)
- 8-9 a.m. Exhibitors load-in their trees/displays, vendor set up
- 10:00 a.m. Show opens, tree exhibit & vendors open
- 10-11:30 a.m. Demonstration (Jennifer Price, Artist)
- 10 a.m.-12 p.m. *Workshop (Mark Fields, Artist) – REGISTER HERE
- 10:30-10:50 a.m. Presentation: “What is Bonsai?” (Pauline Muth, Artist)
- 11 a.m.-12 p.m. Critique Session of Exhibitors (Pauline Muth, Artist)
- 12:30-12:50 p.m. Presentation: “What is Bonsai?” (Jennifer Price, Artist)
- 1-2 p.m. Critique Session of Exhibitors (Jennifer Price, Artist)
- 1-3 p.m. *Workshop (Pauline Muth, Artist) – REGISTER HERE
- 2:30-2:50 p.m. Presentation: “What is Bonsai?” (Mark Fields, Artist)
- 3-4 p.m. Critique Session of Exhibitors (Mark Fields, Artist)
- 2:30-4 p.m. Children’s Demonstration/Drop-in Activity (Jennifer Price, Artist)
- 4:00 p.m. Show closes, Thanks for coming!
- 4-6 p.m. Vendor and exhibitor take down
Meet our natiaonlly-recognized artists and expert instructors:
- Pauline Muth [Click here for more information]
- Mark Fields [Click here for more information]
- Jennifer Price [Click here for more information]
Exhibitors and Vendors:
Want to be a part of the show? Are you interested in being a participating bonsai exhibitor or vendor selling bonsai-related items and equipment? Please register through the links below:
- Exhibitor Registration – I am a bonsai artist and would like to display my bonsai for guests to enjoy and learn from!
- Vendor Registration – I am a bonsai equipment/materials vendor and would like to sell items related to the art of bonsai.
*”Beginning Bonsai 101″ Workshops Requiring Registration
Have you ever wanted to try your hand at bonsai? Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from experts in an intimate setting in which you’ll walk away with your very own bonsai after the two-hour introductory workshop. Internationally-known bonsai artists Mark Fields (10 a.m.) and Pauline Muth (1 p.m.) lead these “Beginning Bonsai 101” workshops in which all participants will be given hands-on instruction for selection, planting, shaping and styling, as well as care and maintenance of their very own bonsai. This introduction to bonsai also includes a brief history of this amazing art form, a primer on tree selection and cultivation, and resources that will have your enjoying your bonsai experience for years to come. All materials are included, workshops are limited to just 10 participants to ensure a quality, hands-on experience for all. Workshops are intended for those ages 18 and older.
Wellfield Member Price: $135
Non-member price: $155 and includes a new Individual-Level Membership (a $35 value)
- 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Workshop instructed by Mark Fields – REGISTER HERE
- 1-3 p.m. Workshop instructed by Pauline Muth – REGISTER HERE