Join us beginning September 5th for Landscape for Life, a unique Educational Series that shows you how to work with nature to create a beautiful garden that’s healthier for you, your family and the environment, as well as one which saves money and time. Homeowners are invited to attend this 5-class series hosted by Wellfield Botanic Gardens and instructed by Horticulture Manager Josh Steffen, landscape designer Lucie Martin and soil and water specialist, Nancy Brown.
Class session topics include the following:
- Session 1 – Introduction, Sustainability in Home Gardens and tour of Wellfield Botanic Gardens’ practices in sustainability
- Session 2 – Role of Soil & Successful Soil Practices
- Session 3 – Role of Water & Successful Water Practices
- Session 4 – Role of Plants & Successful Plant Practices
- Includes field trip to local home landscape
- Session 5 – Successful Materials for Sustainability & Exploring Sustainable Garden Design Strategies
- One additional session will be scheduled with individual participants/couples and includes a design consultation (in-classroom) with landscape designer Lucie Martin.
Class size is limited, and it is filling up fast! Registration is required. Class includes a full color student manual and handouts.
- Members: $100 per person / $140 for household (2 adults)
- Public: $120 per person / $165 for household (2 adults)
- Click here to register online Please note upon registration you’ll receive an automatic confirmation letter which includes additional details about the series and a link to a pre-course survey that will help us customize our series to individual students’ needs.
To learn more about Landscape For Life educational series visit their website at www.landscapeforlife.org.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to gain skills to create a beautiful outdoor space that is positive for the environment!