Wellfield Botanic Gardens is open daily, 12-6 p.m.
Here’s what you can expect when you arrive! (updated 8-11-2020)
A ‘Modified Visitation Plan’ emphasizes the health and safety of guests, volunteers, and staff while allowing for enjoyment of the grounds, including Wellfield’s NEWEST themed garden space – – the Japanese-inspired ISLAND GARDEN – – Now open to the public!
Wellfield’s spacious 36 acres, wide pathways, and stunning landscapes are an ideal environment for “social distancing” between families and friends. While the guest entry experience may look and feel a little different, Wellfield is more gorgeous than ever! After parking, approach the Visitors Cottage. You will be greeted by friendly staff and volunteers wearing face coverings. They will invite you inside.
The Modified Visitation Plan includes the following guidelines in place for the health and safety of all guests, volunteers, and staff:
- Wellfield is open daily from 12-6 p.m.
- When approaching the Visitors Cottage, please maintain physical distance and wait until you are welcomed inside by staff.
- Face coverings must be worn indoors (including the Visitors Cottage and Garden restroom building) and outdoors when physical distancing is not possible as mandated by the Elkhart County Health Department.
- Credit card transactions only. For admission pricing and membership options visit wellfieldgardens.org. Members receive free admission every day.
- One person at the desk at a time (the rest of your party will be directed through the Visitors Cottage)
- The Restroom Building at the Event Plaza is open during business hours and special events.
- All drinking fountains are turned off.
- Maintain at least 6-feet of physical distance from others not in your household-stay to the right on paths to allow others to pass.
- Our gift shop is open! Access is limited by social distancing. Please shop with your eyes first.
- Refer back to this page for updates as restrictions change.
Wellfield will evaluate the current guidelines, along with recommendations from public health officials, on a weekly basis when determining changes to operating hours or updates to guidelines. To stay up to date, get social with us at:
We greatly appreciate your support, understanding, and patience. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com or 574-266-2006, ext 105. And thank you for doing YOUR part in making our community a wonderful and safe place to live, work, and play.
Robert and Peggy Weed Executive Director
Wellfield Botanic Gardens