Our Spring Splendor season highlights Emerging Peace as we emerge to a new season filled with potential, opportunity, and special events and activities that exemplify Peace.
Wellfield Botanic Gardens is now in our ‘Spring and Summer Season’ hours, open 7 days a week, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Last admission granted at 5:40 p.m. for general admission. As always, if conditions are dangerous due to weather or other factors out of our control, we do reserve the right to close.
Visiting on a Tuesday? Are you an Elkhart County Resident?
Thanks to a generous grant from the Community Foundation of Elkhart County, you can receive free admission to the Gardens on Tuesday with prior registration.
CLICK HERE to choose your Tuesday and your time to visit.
You can arrive any time during that 2 hour window – last admission is at 5:40 p.m.
Once you arrive, show us your registration confirmation along with proof of Elkhart County residency for all adults in your party to gain admission. Wellfield members: you don’t need to register, you can visit any time. Not from Elkhart County? You don’t need to register – we’ll welcome you at our Visitors Cottage just like any other day!
Questions? Please check our Facebook page, email email@example.com, or give us a call at 574-266-2006 ext. 105!
Here’s what you can expect when you arrive! (updated 5-11-2021)
Wellfield will continue with our existing Modified Visitation Plan as we evaluate the changes arising from the Indiana State Legislature on May 10. Our Modified Visitation Plan prioritizes the health and safety of guests, volunteers, and staff while allowing for enjoyment of our beautiful botanic garden.
Wellfield’s spacious 36 acres, wide pathways, and stunning landscapes are an ideal environment for social distancing between families and friends. While the guest entry experience may look and feel a little different, you’ll discover that Wellfield is more gorgeous than ever!
After parking, approach the Visitors Cottage. You will be greeted by friendly staff and volunteers wearing face coverings. They will invite you inside and manage the foot traffic through Visitors Cottage to ensure social distancing is maintained in the small space.
The Modified Visitation Plan includes the following guidelines in place for the health and safety of all guests, volunteers, and staff:
- Wellfield is open for general admission 7 days a week, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Last admission at 5:40.
- When approaching the Visitors Cottage, please maintain physical distance and please wait until you are welcomed inside by staff.
- Face coverings must be worn indoors (including the Visitors Cottage and Garden restroom building) and outdoors when physical distancing is not possible.
- Credit card transactions only. For admission pricing and membership options visit wellfieldgardens.org. Members receive free admission every day.
- If it’s a Tuesday, and you’re an Elkhart County resident, you’ll need to register in advance to receive free admission. (See above for details and a link to register) Space in the Gardens is limited!
- 1-2 groups in the Visitors Cottage at once, please.
- Please maintain at least 6-feet of physical distance from others not in your household – stay to the right on paths to allow others to pass.
- Our gift shop is open! Access is limited by social distancing. Please shop with your eyes first.
- Refer back to this page for updates as restrictions change.
Wellfield will evaluate the current health guidelines, along with recommendations from public health officials, on a weekly basis when determining any changes to our operations. To stay up to date, get social with us at:
We appreciate your support. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 574-266-2006, ext 105. And thank you for doing YOUR part in making our community a wonderful and safe place to live, work, and play.
Robert and Peggy Weed Executive Director
Wellfield Botanic Gardens